A trip to Kingswood is a life changing adventure. For over 35 years, our transformative school trips have encouraged primary and secondary school pupils to build confidence and resilience by taking on fun challenges.
Formerly the Earth Centre, one of the millennium commission projects, Dearne Valley residential activity centre was transformed into a state-of-the-art activity centre in 2012. Dearne Valley is our most environmentally sustainable centre, complete with one of Europe’s largest solar panels and an on-site water treatment plant. A unique blend of nature, adventurous activities, and contemporary purpose built accommodation and high quality learning facilities.
With fantastic indoor and outdoor activity facilities surrounded by the beautiful countryside of South Yorkshire, a purpose built watersports lake and access to the adjacent River Don for watersports, Dearne Valley offers something for everyone.
- Outdoors: State of the art activity park with challenging apparatus including high and low ropes, zipwire and climbing
- Indoors: Giant indoor sports hall for climbing, fencing, archery, sport and team building activities, plus a laser zone
- Watersports: Purpose built watersports lake and adjacent River Don for raft building, kayaking and canoeing
- Gift shop: Our on-site shops sell snacks and drinks, as well as postcards, souvenirs, games and mementos
- Other facilities: Diner, chill out areas, party leader lounges, indoor and outdoor classroom spaces, natural water treatment plant, outdoor amphitheatre