Ferry Meadows is the 500acre Country Park at the heart of Nene Park. Located three miles west of Peterborough and just two miles east of the A1 Ferry Meadows is easily accessible by road and its lakes, meadows, woodlands and riverside make it a favourite destination for many visitors throughout the year.
At Nene Park Trust we believe that an opportunity to participate in outdoor educational activities will enhance the learning experience of all children. From the Discovery Den education centre at Ferry Meadows, we are able to offer a range of educational activities designed to make use of the variety of environments found in the park, making it the perfect location for your pupils to experience learning outside the classroom.
• Exclusive use of the Discovery Den education centre for the duration of your visit including indoor classroom and outdoor classroom/picnic area.
• Wide range of study locations including; lakes, river, woodland, grassland, wetland.
• All activities led by a fully trained member of Nene Park Trust staff.
• Lesson plans tailored to your requirements.
• Support before and after your visit to help integrate the work done on your visit with studies back at school.
• All materials and equipment included in the booking.
• Toilet facilities including disabled toilets.
• Free places for accompanying adults.