Camps International is an award-winning expedition specialist that offers life-changing responsible travel experiences throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America.
We are school expedition specialists and since 2002 have provided premium experiences for hundreds of UK and International schools, offering a wide range of award-winning projects with a proven track record of quality and safety. 9 out of 10 schools travel with us again and again.
An expedition with Camps International offers you the best of both worlds: An opportunity of a lifetime for students and teachers and the chance to make a profound and lasting impact on disadvantaged communities and wildlife without compromising safety and security. We specialise in only a few parts of the world where we can deliver the highest quality expeditions and also the greatest benefits.
We are the only expedition provider to own, manage and operate 25 permanent and exclusive camps in our destination countries. This allows us to maximise benefits to the people and wildlife that need it most by committing year round to our projects. This also means that we have unrivalled safety systems in place to deal with emergencies.
Why choose Camps International...
- We offer fully supported expeditions with over 150 permanent members of staff overseas – offices, vehicles, drivers, transport, camp managers, cooks, security, housekeeping, project leaders, operations teams, expedition leaders – all there to support you on the ground.
- As the only expedition provider with ground operations to inspect, we provide the lead teacher with an opportunity to undertake a one week teacher training visit to see our camps and projects in the country you are travelling to before your expedition.
- Our thorough risk assessments are continuously updated and reviewed by both our in-house and external specialists.
- Experienced and qualified expedition leaders that are first aid trained and cleared by the Criminal Records Bureau will accompany your school expedition.
- We adhere to a minimum 1:10 ratio of adult to students.
- We have close working relationships with numerous agencies, Embassies, High Commissions and the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
- Our medical and trekking technical experts provide specialist advice.
- Our expeditions include a bespoke, industry leading travel, medical and repatriation insurance package.
- We provide 24-hour emergency support, both in the UK and overseas.